Friday 7 November 2008

Thursday 6th November - Daily Stock Market review

Oh, the horror. GDAX fell big time. I closed out of my position at 5062 overnight as the futures price fell. Am Gutted. Was over £400 in profit on Tuesday night. I broke even on that trade though. I had a trade triggered at 4986. After initial fluctuations caused by intrest rate cuts from the B of E and the ECB, the GDAX just kept falling, down to 4813. Am in profit of £340. Hopefully we’ll see further declines tomorrow, so I’ll let this trade run.

Oil also fell, triggering a trade at $59.36. It closed at $57.68, giving me a profit so far of about £160. Am gonna let this trade continue tomorrow as well, hoping for further weakness.

The Dow just fell again by a huge amount. No trades. I wished I hadn’t closed out my trade yesterday. Has fallen almost 10% in 2 days.




Wednesday 5th November - Daily Stock Market review

Ouch. GDAX and other euro markets gave up a lot of yesterday’s gains. GDAX closed at 5167. Am still long from 5062. Hopefully we’ll get a bounce tomorrow.

Oil fell today. Had a small trade triggered on an intra day bounce at $63.27, but it failed. Lost £55 on that.

Dow had a BIG fall today. Market opened at about 9500. Had a trade triggered at 9547 as it went up, but it just clipped this level before falling for the rest of the day. Lost £125 on that trade, but entered short at 9417 and watch as the market kept falling. Dow closed at 9139, and I closed my position for a profit of £270. Hope there’s a bounce tomorrow.



Tuesday 4th November - Daily Stock Market review

Hello rally!! Nice big move today on the GDAX. Had a trade triggered early at 5062 and the market never looked back, climbing all day, closing at 5278. At currently over £400 in profit. Am gonna let the trade roll over to tomorrow, hoping for more strength.

Huge rally on oil today as well. Had a trade triggered at $61.44. Again, the market kept climbing. Oil finished at $66.31. I closed the trade at the end of the day, making just under £500. Makes up for yesterday!

The Dow followed world markets and rallied too. The futures price was already sky high before the market opened, so I couldn’t enter any trades. The strength bodes well for my GDAX trade tomorrow.



Monday 3rd November - Daily Stock Market review

Had a nervy start to the GDAX. Market opened strong. Had a trade triggered at 5019 as the GDAX retreated from its earlier highs. Spent the rest of the day trading around this level, and closed at 5026. I closed my position for a small loss just before close as I think the market will show strength over the next couple of days.

Trading Brent Oil was horrible today. Had a trade triggered at $63.83 as the price lowered. The market then reversed, climbing higher causing me a loss. I entered long at $64.54, only for the market to fall again, causing another loss. Thankfully, the price kept falling, and I entered again at $61.76. This time the market kept falling, closing at $60.41. I made a small profit on my trade of £125, but am still down for the day. I closed my position today because oil is at the bottom of a trading range, and my bounce tomorrow.

The Dow was also causing a loss for me today. The market triggered a trade at 9375, but the fell back slowly throughout the day stopping me out. Lot £125. The markets are so much calmer today than the last couple of weeks.

No comments: